08 Feb Ecotoxicologist – Study Director – Fish
Ecotoxicology Study Director responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the development of proposals for regulatory studies and programmes of work.
- Conducting high quality ecotoxicology studies for regulatory submissions.
- Designing and conducting bespoke studies to meet client requirements.
- Client facing role, communicating with clients regarding study design and updates, reports and timelines.
- Supervising and managing scientists and technicians working on your studies.
- Preparing and amending study plans, reports, study updates and related documents.
- Developing and writing SOPs in the instance of new or improved processes.
- Assisting where required in fish and invertebrate husbandry.
- Maintaining equipment and work area in optimum condition.
- Assisting teams during client visits, external audits / inspections.
- Compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and ASPA.
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in GLP study direction of higher tier fish ecotoxicology or extensive practical experience of higher tier fish ecotoxicology studies.
- Experience of working as a study director within a GLP compliant facility.
- Educational qualifications. University degree in a related scientific discipline.
- Home office personal licence.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills paired with the ability to work in a fast pace environment to deliver results.
- A collaborative and team based approach to the work environment
- Practical experience of conducting aquatic ecotoxicology studies according to regulatory guidance.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience managing projects in the laboratory environment.
- Energetic and proactive with a close attention to detail.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a successful cross functional team.
- Ownership of personal actions and responsibilities. Enhances department, organisation and individual reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- An ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
Positive attitude, employing excellence in scientific services at the forefront of daily tasks
Job Type: Full-time
- vertebrate ecotoxicology: 3 years (Preferred)